Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Texas Artist Niki Gulley Paints Historic Waxahachie

“Pretty in Pink II” ©2023 Niki Gulley
8" x 10” textured acrylic painting on canvas panel

Can you really get too much pink??? After painting my first blush Victorian home in Waxahachie the previous week, I just had to capture another one today. This 1800's beauty was decorated in pink, pink, and more pink! So whimsical and fun, I just had to feature these kitschy flamingos and all of the rosy glory surrounding them. 

For a brand new challenge this spring, I registered for Paint Historic Waxahachie, a plein air painting competition hosted in the town of Waxahachie about an hour south of Dallas. Basically, over the course of a few weeks, our assignment was to complete paintings on location anywhere in the city limits. Filled with beautiful historic homes, I was attracted to the detailed craftsmanship and architecture. Each homeowner had taken great care in decorating their porches and yards to create a warm welcome, and I wanted to capture that beauty and pride in my paintings. 

For more information on my textured palette knife paintings, please e-mail me at Niki Gulley.

Or, please visit my website at  NikiGulley.com to see more of my contemporary architectural paintings.

https://www.instagram.com/nikigulley/

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin