Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

New "Pretty in Pink" Victorian Home Painting by Dallas Artist Niki Gulley


“Pretty in Pink” ©2023 Niki Gulley
9" x 12” textured acrylic painting on canvas panel

For a brand new challenge this spring, I registered for Paint Historic Waxahachie, a plein air painting competition hosted in the town of Waxahachie about an hour south of Dallas. Basically, over the course of a few weeks, our assignment was to complete paintings on location anywhere in the city limits. Filled with beautiful homes built in the late 1800s, I was attracted to the detailed craftsmanship and historic architecture. Each homeowner had taken great care in decorating their porches and yards to create a warm welcome, and I wanted to capture that beauty and pride in my paintings. 

Here you can see this beautiful pink Victorian surrounded by more beautiful rose and scarlet blooms. I loved the play of complimentary colors, even down to the green detailing and scrollwork on the house. 

For more information on my textured palette knife oil paintings, please e-mail me at Niki Gulley.

Or, please visit my website at  NikiGulley.com to see more of my contemporary landscape paintings.

https://www.instagram.com/nikigulley/

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin