Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Quatro! By Kay Wyne


Quatro!
36" x 36" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Rooster Painting
This is a fun and loose painting...when I started out, I had an idea in my mind of what I wanted the four images to be.  The first thing I did was put out some neutral colors for the background.  I usually use bright, bold colors so I had to keep telling myself that something neutral would make the roosters pop off the canvas.  I used some ink to produce some lettering.  I had five shades of grey ink that I used.  Then I started with some lines and geometric shapes.  Then the fun part.....I started with a wide brush and put in an outline on each rooster....I was afraid that I would over-paint this, so I forced myself to put the brushes down and go home.  The next day I used a liner to suggest the details of each rooster...and I did not want each one to be the same....so, here you go.  Quatro!  Contact Kay for purchasing information.  Thanks, Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin