Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Still Life with Turnips by Vernita Bridges Hoyt

Still Life with Turnips. 16x20 inches. Oil on canvas. 
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2009, 2014
Subscribe to my blog letter in the top sidebar at Texas Sauce Art Life
 or contact me here.
This is one of those paintings from my imagination, the "Out of my Head" series. My mother always had a veggie garden, and I remember digging turnips out of the ground when I was a child. I had a lot of fun painting this in 2009. This painting has been stored in my archives and is as good as new, actually better than new since the paint has had time to cure and can now be varnished to add that high sheen, if desired.


As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™. 

View my Texas Impressionist Oil Paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin