Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Crape Myrtle Shadows by Artist of Texas, Sheri Jones

Crape Myrtle Shadows 
12x9 oil on canvas

I painted this in my front yard. This crape myrtle is over 25 years old  and is what greats me everyday. I drove up one morning and was struck by the great shadows and strong highlights the morning sun made. I started painting this on the morning my 4 year great niece stayed over to paint. I set her up with an easel and let her create her own garden painting. It was such fun watching how happy this made her. She is an artist in training.  I returned the next day to finish it. This is available  for purchase. $250.00 
Sheri@sheriart.net
www.sheriart.net
www.sheriart.blogspot.com
www.cfai.co./sherijones/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin