Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Color Burst Hydrangeas and a St. Louis Workshop by Flower Artist Nancy Medina


 Color Burst Blue and White Hydrangeas
by Nancy Medina
16X20
Oil on Archival Panel


Do you ever get this urge to just make bright, juicy color in oils? Color Burst Blue and White Hydrangeas was a response to the big, fluffy flowers in my studio today, left over from my Dallas workshop this weekend. These fresh hydrangeas are not going to last much longer, so I wanted to take advantage of their perkiness while it lasted.

I'm very excited to announce my first St. Louis, Missouri workshop, Painting Florals in Oil, to be held July 12, 13 and 14. The workshop was posted this morning, and the organizer sent me a note a few moments ago excited about how many people have signed up already! St. Louis is my home town, so I'm delighted to be teaching there, in such a beautiful place with so much history and culture, not to mention great restaurants and a beautiful botanical garden! Meet me in St. Louis for a fun three days of making flowers bloom in bright color.

Paint Saint Louis
Painting Florals in Oils With Nancy Medina

July 12-13, 2013
9 am to 4 pm




The Color Burst hydrangea models take a bow!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin