Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Eva, Oil Painting by Texas Artist, Shirley Quaid

This precious child is the granddaughter of my cousin and the great granddaughter of a beloved aunt who passed away last year. I thought a lot about my aunt as I was painting and could visualize her exclamations of delight and the way she moved her hands when something pleased her. I have to believe that she would have been pleased with this painting.
I introduced some new paint to my palette with this. Transparent orange, transparent red and transparent brown oxide all create some interesting effects when mixed with other pigments.

Shirley Quaid website

Shirley Quaid blog

Happy Trails,
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin