Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Pet Commissions by Rebecca Zook




Art Therapy
Post 8

This is another sold piece, but is one of my favorite small works of my own pets. Mouse has since passed away, but will always be remembered as our benevolent Alpha cat allowing strays to stay as long as they followed the rules.

Mouse was adopted from the Dallas SPCA and made himself at home immediately. He had been adopted along with another kitten and both returned before I saw him at one of their events at PetSmart. I just stopped to pet him. No one was paying attention since he was older than the rest of the kittens. I started to walk away and he reached out and grabbed the sleeve of my shirt and looked me right in the eyes. That was it, of course he had to come home with me. He chose me as his new Mama.

It Depends on Your Perspective
5"x7" | Acrylic on Panel

This is my cat Mouse, being Mouse. Upside-down is his favorite position and he's just about to reach out and grab me. "Stop and smell the roses Mama or better yet, stop and pet the kitty." Sometimes life needs a little change in perspective.

PURCHASE INFORMATION
This piece is SOLD, but pet commissions are available.
To view available animal art, please click here.

To see all of Rebecca's available work, please visit her website at rebeccazook.com

Like Rebecca on Facebook
Follow Rebecca on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin