Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Lunga Puffins by Rebecca Zook




Art Therapy
Post 5

I'm a little behind the curve right now. As I said to Ed last night, my daily life is really the same as it was before. He started mentioning dolphins in Italian canals, a civet wandering the street in Asia and much more. I hadn't heard any of this. My first thought was amazement at how rapidly Nature reclaims her domain. This quickly turned to horror at how palpable human impact is, but also how maybe smaller changes could have immediate impacts not just on the environment, but ourselves. I'm a realist. I know the issues are complicated and people have to make a living, but I hope lessons we are learning right now have a lasting impact. Companies who wouldn't let employees work from home are learning that in many cases, it's more than possible. Families are reconnecting. Neighbors are helping each other. I am watching all this and realizing I need to allow myself more down time. Self-imposed stress is just as bad. Painting is not down time when it's paying the bills. My Zen is my garden. I'm going to work in the garden this weekend and recapture some calm.

Enjoy these puffins. The trip Ed and I took to the wilds of Scotland is something I will never forget.

Lunga Puffins
20" x 16" | Acrylic on Panel

Cities are not for me. I prefer to visit the wilder places on this planet and the Isle of Lunga did not disappoint. It is 200 acres of unspoiled native habitat for a variety of seabirds, but the puffin is what drew me to the island. I've been enamored with this comical bird since childhood and observing them in person was truly a childhood dream realized. They had no fear of humans, so were mere feet from me busily digging their burrows and lining them with grass to house eggs for the next breeding cycle. Pausing only to dive from the cliffside to bring back fish for last years nearly grown chicks.
PURCHASE INFORMATION
Purchase through The Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas, TX
If interested due to shelter-in-place please email Pam@dutchartgallery.net


For more information click here 
To see all of Rebecca's available work, please visit her website at rebeccazook.com

Like Rebecca on Facebook
Follow Rebecca on Instagram
Commissions available

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin