Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Monday, August 31, 2015

Joyful Day by Kay Wyne



Joyful Day
Contemporary Floral Landscape
60" x 36" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
I love to paint on a large surface.  It is liberating to make big wide brushstrokes with a brush or apply loads of paint with a palette knife.  A 60" x 36" canvas is fun, challenging and my image/subject matter is always changing....as you can see below I did stop and take some pics along my painting journey.  

First, I had an idea in my head and thought that I would sketch it out with charcoal on the canvas.  Then I scrubbed in some colors.  And more colors.  Finally getting the white canvas covered up. 


I wanted my color palette to be in cool lavenders and greys....and some greens.  I got off-track as you can see in the fifth photo.  I cut loose with some oranges, reds, and blues.  The next day when I came into the studio, I realized that I had gotten de-railed.  So I spent more than two hours mixing wonderful purples. magentas, greens, and greys to bring the colors back to my original plan.  Of course I used huge amounts of oils and there is texture and depth to this painting.  

This painting is drying at the studio, and tomorrow is day #1 in Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  Check out Leslie's blog...It's always fun to see what everyone is posting on a daily basis.  Thanks for looking at my blog....Have an artful day.  Kay Wyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin