Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Slice of Live in a French Village and a Florida Workshop - Flower and Landscape Paintings by Nancy Medina

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1647928

Detail ~ French Village Lavender and Sunflowers
by Nancy Medina
20X20
Oil on Deep Gallery Wrap Canvas


The brushes are all packed for sunny Florida - I'm not quite sure how my freezing toes will react when the arrive in the sunshine state tomorrow - I'm told it's a brisk 50-ish degrees there. I seem to remember 50 degrees, vaguely, but it's a distant memory right now in freezing Texas! I was finishing up edgework on my newest French Village scene, and thought it would be fun to cut some slices or vignettes out of the overall composition, making little mini-paintings. All that's missing are the fluffy little French sheep!

Here are a few different scenes - enjoy! Stay tuned for photos from my Florida workshop this week, I'll try not to bombard you with too many beach scenes, and if I drink anything out of a coconut, I promise to save some for you!




http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1647928

Call the police! There's a French Village on my easel!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin