Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

How to Punch Up Your Color - Green Meadow Lavender Farm - Flower and Landscape Paintings by Nancy Medina Art


Green Meadow Lavender Farms
by Nancy Medina
14X14
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas




Green Meadow Lavender Farms is the newest daily painting in Flower Mound Studio, I warmed up the purple brushes and mixed up warms and cools into my piles, planting them right next to the greens. I have a little mantra I repeat even when I'm alone in my studio (yes, I am certifiably an artist as well as certifiable) that goes something like this - place the color next to but not on top of the other color. It helps me remember not to blend into oblivion and keeps those color punches powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin