Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Kool Aid Pie Recipe Sketch

 
I started another 6 weeks of Sketchbook Skool, and this is our first homework.
Sketch a recipe. I normally use the smaller 5x8 sketchbook, but I switched to an 8.5x11 and the pie crust GREW!  It got too big! Then I didn't have as much room for my finished pie, etc.
I normally draw with pen and ink, but did this in pencil first. I used watercolor and a little bit of gouache. It was fun, but very time consuming. You should try this recipe! It is very good, and you can use other flavors of kool aid.  Keri gave me this recipe a while back. You can make them in the little mini crusts too and they are so cute!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin