Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_APRIL'S GIFT


This one was rather experimental.  When I saw this cluster of wildflowers, I knew that I had no interest in going for the detail.  The impact, for me, came from color and pattern of the grouping. So, I decided to go after it in a very direct manner.  By the time I was finishing I was having a lot of fun moving lots of paint around with the knife and brush.  Practicing to handle the knife so as not to overwork the paint was very instructive to me on handling the brush as well.

APRIL'S GIFT
©Jimmy Longacre 2014
9X12 oil on canvas panel

Jimmy Longacre
subjective realist landscape paintings


GALLERY LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin