Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Time to Party by Suzy Pal Powell

The summer that Keri and I got hung up in Memphis due to a weather delay, so we went down to Beale Street. We had Bar-b-q on the patio...THEN, we were scared to death by a zombie march! We had never seen anything like it! What a shock to be eating and all this start marching by. We went into some little shops and I found this wall hanging and took a photo of it.

I painted it a while ago and didn't like it so In preparation for a demo, I got it out, and collaged part of it.  I left the bottom below the instruments just watercolor and some of the piano keys. It will have to be framed because it is on watercolor paper. I will go ahead and put it under plexi too. 

I am doing a demo in Portales NM Monday the 17th. If you are close, come for a visit!
I am teaching a 2 day workshop here in Plains March 28-29, if interested email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin