Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Teal Blue Dream Dress Painting, Art Couture, and a White Rose Honor by Nancy Medin

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1358319

 Teal Blue Dream Dress
by Nancy Medina
16X12
Oil on Archival Panel

From my new art couture line Fashion and Figure!

There is nothing like a fluffy skirt to make a girl feel dreamy, don't you agree? I've been infatuated with these dress paintings, thinking of them all day long, divining in my mind the idea, back view, front view? wedding dress? brunette? red head??? By the time the palette is set out, colors mixed, and raw canvas is propped before me, I've tied myself into little art couture fits and can hardly wait to get started. Painting each day is my reward, and I'm so very fortunate to have this calling. My studio day ended on a banner note, when I received a message from David Marine of Daily Paintworks notifying me that White Rose Rebellion placed second in their monthly art challenge contest. Such a huge honor, and what a delight to discover the juror is a seasoned plein air landscape painter! We should definitely get dressed up in some frilly skirts and celebrate....



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin