Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Monday, May 13, 2013

SOLD ~ Purple Pot Hydrangeas by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Purple Pot Hydrangeas
by Nancy Medina

SOLD
16X12
Oil on Archival Panel


There is a story behind these white hydrangeas. They were the models for my painting in the garden at a Colleyville, Texas, event last week. Sitting out in the sun, they slowly but surely wilted to nothing, leaving me to finish my demo painting that day almost purely from memory. I had forgotten my favorite brush, was using the wrong canvas, and my flowers went kaput - a recipe for disaster in the midst of a big event? Well, not quite - the demo found a new home - with the hostess - hooray! I brought my wilted flowers home, thinking they were done for, and the next morning these white hydrangeas were bright and perky and fresh again! Just like new! I think they wanted to be in another painting, don't you?



The new purple pot takes a bow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin