Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Coffee Time by Suzy 'Pal' Powell


When my daughter  and I went to Canton, I took all kinds of photos, of old stuff sitting around. It was a blast!   I loved these old coffee pots.  I still remember my parents using one like these.  I painted the pots back in January, not having a clue what to do to the background. I put it up not even thinking about it until last night, when I went to bed, all of a sudden it came to me, to just put a bright color wall paper type back ground. It is so weird how that works. I was not even thinking about the painting, so when I got up this morning, I went out and looked through all my papers to see what kind of design I could come up with.  This bright color won out.
It is done on 300lb hot press paper with watercolor. it will be 18x24 framed.  12.5x16.5 image size.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin