Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Sunflower Painting Giveaway and Barefoot on the Farm

The Visitor - Sunflowers and Strawberries
12X12
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas


I've had a love of flowers for as long as I can remember. I grew up on a farm in Scurry, Texas. My parents were organic gardeners back in the 70s, long before organic gardening was in style. In our vegetable garden, every fourth or fifth row was planted in sunflowers and marigolds to attract the insects off the crops. My love for nature began there, standing barefoot and gazing up at the 10-foot-tall sunflowers. Today, I grow sunflowers in my back yard garden in Flower Mound, along with many other blossoms. I am so inspired by color, it makes me happy, and it's a joy I love sharing on the canvas.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin