Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Thursday, February 9, 2023

How to Pack Plein Air Painting Supplies for Venice Art Trek with Niki Gulley



Niki Gulley, Contemporary Impressionist Painter
Upcoming Venice Art Trek 

The other day I showed you how I prepare and carry my canvas when we travel and paint. The next step is to start gathering the rest of my supplies, making sure I have enough paint, etc.

For our upcoming Art Trek that Scott and I are teaching in Venice, I've chosen to work with acrylics. I prefer a brand called "Open" acrylics made by Golden. They are slower drying than typical acrylics –perfect for location paintings.

Here you can also see my Pochade box which is a brilliant all-in-one design, where it acts as easel, supply holder and even carries 2 wet canvases in the back. I love it! Just attach it to a tripod or hold it in your lap and you're ready to go. Also, a pair of gloves, collapsible water holder, brushes, palette knives, paper towels, palette and don't forget your hat!

Now I just need to squeeze all of this into my suitcase along with my clothes and other travel necessities! Stay tuned...


To see my plain air landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.

E-mail Niki Gulley for more information on her paintings or classes.

***


If you'd like to join us on one of upcoming Art Treks or Foodie Treks, please let us know.
For more information on upcoming trips, please visit http://www.ArtTreks.org.


***


https://www.instagram.com/nikigulley/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin