Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Friday, July 26, 2013

"Girl with Orange Flower" by Felicia Marshall

8"x 10"
acrylic on hardboard
 After painting so many portraits I wanted to challenge myself a little by playing around with a different point of view.  I tend to avoid posses at this angle because… they’re hard!  Even when you get the angle right, it kind of looks weird.  So you end up questioning the marks you've made. I got this orange flower several months ago.  I knew when I saw it I was going to paint it, I just didn't know when or how.  I really thought it would end up in a still life, but as you can see it didn't.  I can’t tell you how many times I thought I was completely finished painting this flower, only to return to it over and over  again, until it finally looked perfect.  I’m so glad I didn't stop. Sometimes you get rewarded by your obsessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin