Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Cascade Red Poppies by Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Cascade Red Poppies
by Nancy Medina
11X14
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas


Cascade Red Poppies is the newest daily painting in Flower Mound Studio, as I begin work on a new rose commission and pack supplies to ship for my workshop for the Greater St. Louis Art Association in 2 weeks. We are in the thick of summer here in North Texas, and my brush was warmed up from a new poppy painting finished yesterday, so cadmium red seemed appropo! I've switched from my beloved 3/4 inch flat brush to a 1 inch flat, ever since one of my students gifted me with the larger brush in Kansas City recently. I usually complete an entire painting just with this one large brush, a flat has everything you need, a sharp edge for line work, a tiny precise corner for details, and a broad expanse to cover the real estate quickly. Life is short, so paint with a big brush!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin