Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Power of Art to Do Good


Stop and Smell the ..... Daisies??  by Judy Crowe
Stop And Smell the.... Daisies?  6x6  o/p

Hi Friends, 
Well I cannot believe I have let so much time go by since I posted the last time.  I have been extremely busy though.  I have been working on some larger pieces and trying to get some work done for a couple of shows coming up.  I have also been shipping some...two paintings for 2 shows that I am fortunate enough to be in.  I will be happy to share that info with you if you are interested in a later blog...but today I would like to tell you that this little painting.  This is one of my 50/50 works however I have decided to do this one a little differently.  Instead of starting the bid at $50.00, I've decided to start at $100.00.  The reason for this is that this one is for a great cause...all of the net proceeds (winning bid less shipping) will go to the efforts to help the children in Somalia through World Vision.  www.worldvision.org   World Vision is a fiscally responsible organization that is instrumental in helping children all over the world in poor circumstances.  I have had the privilege to sponsor children through them for the last 15 years.  The child that I am sponsoring now is from the Philippines...Anna Mae.  :) I began her sponsorship when  she was 6...now she is 16 and about to graduate!  Stay tuned because in coming days, I will scan and post the letter I received from her the other day with her picture.  Anyway, this painting represents what I would like to do with my art....use it for good.  If you would like to donate:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin