Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A New Sunflower Painting and Tales of Texting With Mom by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina

Sunflowers and Blue Agapanthus
by Nancy Medina
12X12
Oil on Canvas Panel

Shop in My Daily Painters Gallery
Nancy Medina Web Site
Nancy Medina Art Blog

Sunflowers and Blue Agapanthus is drying on the easel in Flower Mound Studio, as the assistants nap in strategic locations around the base of the easel. I called mom yesterday to share the great news about my blue ribbon in the art show. "I know," she said, "I saw it on The Facebook." I'm not sure why that surprised me. I first realized mom would always be one step ahead of us around the time I was five years old and discovered that she really could see the four of us girls fighting in the back seat of the Carmen Ghia while she was driving. Thus, she had to be telling the truth about having eyes in the back of her head.

Mom sent me a text message a few days ago. My Aunt Bitsy, who stays with my mom (Elsie), texted me a few seconds in advance.

Aunt Bitsy's text said,
"Els is texting. Get ready."

I wrote back:
"Standing by!"

Three minutes later I received this text from my mother:
"Have a seat."

I wrote back:
"I'm sitting - what r u doing?"

Mom wrote back:
"Breathing. Bye"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin