Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hillside Oak by David Forks

Hillside Oak by David Forks
Oil on panel, 8"x10"

I started this painting from a photo I took between Sisterdale and Fredericksburg, Texas, but after my initial block in I just wasn't happy with it. The photo is drab and lacking of any real beauty. I was initially attracted to the image because I liked the oak on the hillside but there is little else appealing about it. I decided to put the photo away and paint it the way I wanted it to look. I am much happier with it now. Much better to work from life when possible but it isn't spring, bluebonnets are not out, I am not in the Hill Country right now, and the heat is barely tolerable.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful painting! Love the warm glow it has. You are right about our heat - dog days of August - let's hope they don't extend too far into September!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin