Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Flowers for my MOM


"Flowers for my Mom" 6x4 by Judy Crowe

"Flowers for My Mom" 6x4
by Judy Crowe
I painted today, Mother's Day, May 8, 2011.... and was remembering. My mom passed away at the age of 48. I was 17 and a senior in high school. I have been thinking about her today. Needless to say that when I was growing up, I know for sure that I took my mom for granted and now that I am older, I realize what a gift she was. She was so special, sweet. She was funny, pretty, a gifted singer with a beautiful voice even though she never believed in herself. She said she wanted to be a dancer....but got married and had kids instead. Sound familiar? I loved her more than I ever told her. Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. God Bless You. Love to all, Judy

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful tribute to a lovely Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, she looks so happy in the photo, a really attractive woman so in love. Your painting is gorgeous! HAPPY BELATED MOTHER'S DAY!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin