Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Friday, April 8, 2011

All Who Wander Are Not Lost by Nancy Medina

All Who Wander Are Not Lost
by Nancy Medina


All Who Wander Are Not Lost is my contribution this week to the Daily Paintworks Challenge and will be sold to raise funds for Dallas Fort Worth Pug Rescue. I love the phrase, All Who Wander Are Not Lost, because it reminds me of the tireless work my friends in pug rescue do every single day. I am not talking about myself. I am talking about the ladies who go to the puppy mills and carry pugs out of terrible conditions. Pugs who have never known a kind touch, or a bath, or a gentle word, until these women touch them for the first time. One leader who drove over 10,000 miles last year to shelters, mills, pounds, and other states to pick up pugs, some of whom were hours away from the end. These are the soldiers on the front lines of rescue, and they have my unconditional admiration.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful work!! Makes me feel like it isa sunny happy world after all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin