Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Friday, July 21, 2017

Do-Si-Do - acrylic figurative painting

I painted this one with regular heavy body acrylic paint, which dries really quickly, unlike the Golden Open that I love and most often use.  These figures are from a painting that I did last summer after observing the dancers following the August rodeo in Junction, Texas.  What a rich night for a figure painter that was!  I not only drew furiously, but snapped lots of pictures for later use in the studio.  This painting is 10 x 8" on panel and although I was taught that you should vary your brushes and brushstrokes in a painting, I used a #8 bright for the whole thing.  Just lazy, maybe.  Please click here to see more of my artwork at Hackberry Street Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin