Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_BEING WILLING TO FLOP

HEY, I'M BACK!  I've spent the past few months doing the almost unthinkable: abstaining from social media!  I felt it was time to take account of what I was doing.  In the words of an old song from my youth, "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."  (Kenny Rogers and the Fifth Dimension.  If you remember that one, our memory traces the same years.)  Anyway, as fun and helpful as it may be to post and hear from you, I wanted to take time to just play and experiment with my painting.

The cycle of painting and growing as a painter requires an occasional healthy dose of "free-forming it".  Time to play with no one looking over your shoulder.  Experimenting with ideas,  following interests without worrying about where they're leading, and being willing to flop.  That's where the fun and growth really kick in.  I may write more about that in coming posts, but for now I'll show you some things that have come out of my little retreat, and just see where it leads.

This painting was selected to be included in the 2017 Plein Air Southwest show, put on by Outdoor Painters Society.  It is one of the results of my experiments, and pointed to a fresh direction for me.
I'll be back with more results.

REDBUDS
©Jimmy Longacre 2017
12X12 oil on canvas panel

Jimmy Longacre
subjective realist landscape paintings

MY WEBSITE
MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel

GALLERY LINKS
Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX
Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin