Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Country Love - original oil figurative painting by Connie Chadwell

Nothing like a little two-step romance on a Friday evening at the local dance hall.  I've had folks  from the Washington D.C. area, where I used to live, tell me how romantic the two-step looked to them.  Having grown up with that kind of dancing, I never thought much about it, just took it for granted, but now I realize it is pretty sweet.  Who'd have thought a bunch of Texas cowboys could be tamed by songs like "Crazy Arms" or "Faded Love", but the music and the two-step work their magic every time.  This painting is on 8 x 8" Gessobord.  To see more of my artwork, please click here to visit my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin