Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Contemporary Abstract Project by Kay Wyne - Completed!


Contemporary Abstract Nursery Paintings
Acrylic on Sixteen Cotton Panels
NFS
This is my latest nursery project for our new grandson.  I started with sixteen 6" x 6" RayMar Cotton Panels, painted the background white and slowly started painting shapes with the colors my daughter picked out.  She requested that the images be nonrepresentational with a certain color palette.  As I worked on the small surfaces, I kept adding and working the paint, until I felt like it was complete.  That happened three times.  I normally paint in oils, so working with the fast drying acrylics was a challenge.  I picked a simple white frame for each panel, and here is the result. I wanted a very clean but colorful presentation for the wall.     
I am back in the studio today working on commission and paintings for an upcoming exhibit in February.  Thanks for looking at this blog....Contact Kay for more information on her art.  Kay Wyne



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin