Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Brownfield TX-Suzy Pal

This old station building is in Brownfield TX. Every time I go through there, I have to look for it, and see what the shadows look like!  This is poured instead of being painted with a brush. I still may do some tweaking on it.  Once its poured, you have to work with what you have. It is quite a challenge.  I really like the texture you get with this technique.  I thought my first pouring was too dark, but by going even darker under the drive way, it seemed to work.  This is 1/2 sheet so it is large. 22x28 framed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin