Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Saying Goodbye and Flags in My Garden by Nancy Medina Art


Arboretum Flags ~
Blue and White Irises 
by Nancy Medina
24X12
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas




Follow Me on Facebook


Heaven is filled with the gorgeous sound of my Mother's laugh today. She passed away on Thursday evening. Just as many had predicted, the world tilted under my feet, and life is not the same. I've learned a lot since Thursday. I've learned that amazing friends will carry you on their shoulders when your heart is sad. I've learned that sisters are some of life's most precious gifts. I am quite certain my Mother is writing poetry again. I woke up this morning with a funny little song in my head that had the words "I'm so proud of you, Nanny..." in it, and though I can't remember the rest, it felt like a message from a guardian angel with a sense of humor. 

I taught a class at the Dallas Arboretum Saturday. At lunch break, as I sat in the quiet classroom by myself gazing across the easels at my student's work, and seeing the sunlight streaming in from the skylights, I realized my Mom had just watched me teach for the first time. 

I do believe there is a beautiful next chapter after this life. I do believe there are more poems to come. For now, I will keep moving forward with her spirit beside me and the memory of her laugh in my heart. I will love you forever, my beautiful Mom.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin