Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_ INDIAN SUMMER


Painting in the studio, waiting for the weather to change. This one was a lot of jun. I've been wanting to do a format like this one.  With some studio time on my hands, I like to go back into past plein air studies, and select one to reconsider.  I try some different compositional ideas in a few notan sketches, until I hit on something that seems like it could make a strong painting.  Then, I try to work with a color idea that is more developed than I can do when speed painting in the field.  Finally, I try to apply things I'm working on to improve in some way.  In this case, I was trying for a more unified color feel and atmospheric effect.  This kind of exercise lets me re-imagine the scene and develop it according to my memory of the feeling I had while painting the study.

INDIAN SUMMER
©Jimmy Longacre 2014
8X16 oil on canvas panel

Jimmy Longacre
subjective realist landscape paintings


GALLERY LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin