Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Past Life

I could not think of a name for this painting.  For years I sewed every day, making all our clothes as well as sewing for the public.  One day, I stopped. The thought of sewing is not anything I enjoy thinking about.  I found these old wooden spools that I still had and thought they might make a good set up.  The cloth under them is from a wedding gift...50 years ago. It is colorful cut-work that was on pillowcases.  Cut work is very time consuming and hard.  It takes hours and hours to hand stitch the designs.  This is 6x6 oil on gessobord. This is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin