Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_ SHADOW LACE

I PAINT WHAT I SEE.  I freely admit that I exaggerate! I'm not embarrassed. Reporting the facts doesn't interest me.  When I see something that inspires me, something that has the seed of beauty, I get excited about what could be. Here, I was walking the trail that runs along a favorite creek, watching for the light, water, limestone and plants to conspire.  When the basic elements come together, the game is on.  I rearrange, extend, trim, add, leave out, change sizes,  and dramatize whatever is there.  It's wonderfully fun, and my embellishments don't hurt anyone.  I'm a storyteller not a journalist.

SHADOW LACE
©Jimmy Longacre 2014
8x10 oil on canvas panel

Jimmy Longacre
subjective realist landscape paintings

MY WEBSITE
MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel

GALLERY LINKS
Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX
Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX
Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin