Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Monday, November 3, 2014

French Shades Flower Market - Floral and French Paintings by Nancy Medina

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1600206

French Shades Flower Market
by Nancy Medina
14X14
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas




I was fascinated by the big sunglasses this fashionable shopper wore during her shopping spree in the flower markets of Southern France during my visit there in September. Her cute platform shoes and orange linen silk lined dress aside, she was tres chic as she gathered up the best of the market, the orange glads that shone from a distance of over 200 feet, as I happily - blissfully - snapped photos of colorful umbrellas and beautiful blossoms as quickly as my IPhone would allow. 

I pulled a sign from one of my St. Cirq la Popie village photos into the mix, as this wonderful old building to the right just seemed to call for a bit more bling. The yellow umbrella, the stands filled with colorful red and peach geraniums, and the blue delphiniums were all part of the original photo. I'll be sharing all of my favorite French photos for paintalongs during my French Landscape and floral workshop in Irving, Texas, in December. I can hardly wait to share all the sights and sounds and even some of my favorite desserts with my students! I'm saving a chocolate croissant with your name on it, mon cher! Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin