Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Daisies and Pumpkins and a Dallas Arboretum Workshop - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina


 Daisies and Pumpkins
by Nancy Medina
20X16
Oil on Archival Panel

Class Demonstration





Daisies and Pumpkins was one of my six demonstrations in oils from fresh flowers in Rockwall, Texas last weekend. Tomorrow I fly to Kansas City to teach, and I'm excited to see what kind of beautiful colors we can rustle up at the local flower shops and nurseries. Last year we found hollyhocks and you may recall we painted a red vase that belonged to Connie Turner that was dappled with tiny little flowers (the same red vase that I greatly admired, and said a tearful goodbye to when I left!). Stay tuned to the bloggy for postings from Kansas City, and all the early fall colors your heart desires!

In the meantime, if you haven't been out to see the incredible pumpkin display at the Dallas Arboretum, this is a great time to visit. I'll be teaching my only one day class there October 25, so if you'd like to get a sample of what happens in one of my workshops, why not join me in the most beautiful garden in Texas! Read more...




Dallas Arboretum blooms

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin