Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Bald Cypress Trees | Barbara Haviland - Blog

Bald Cypress Trees | Barbara Haviland - Blog

Bald Cypress Trees

© Barbara Haviland
© Barbara Haviland


This painting is done in oils and I will be taking it to the Gallery. We are having a Promenade  Preview for September and I painted this bayou painting for it.     I used one of my photos and pretty much painted it like it was.   I like the coolness of the  painting. The canvas panel that I use to paint on is very lightweight and it is in a Black wood frame. In Southeast Texas and South Louisiana where I live,this is the scenery I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin