Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

No 96 Early Sunflowers, Flower Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace



No 96 Early Sunflowers 
  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2014

 Size:9 x 12  Oil on Canvas. Sold


Has to be one of my favorite paintings. Began with a solid black canvas... acrylic so it dried quickly. Then I sketched out my sunflowers randomly in white chalk and then went straight to my oil paints creating this dynamic sunflower painting. Small but powerful, it is sold, but again something to draw inspiration from. If you are a beginning artist I highly recommend this approach with trial and error. Black acrylic covers the canvas and then build your painting on top of it.  I shared a lesson last year on pumpkins on my website, starting in black and moving forward.


May your unfailing love come to me, Lord,
    your salvation, according to your promise; Psalm 119:41


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS



© Graphics One Design 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin