Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Friday, June 13, 2014

Spoonbill Roseate bird,oil painting,canvas Barbara Haviland | Barbara Haviland - Blog

Spoonbill Roseate bird,oil painting,canvas Barbara Haviland | Barbara Haviland - Blog

Blog

Spoonbill Roseate bird,oil painting,canvas Barbara Haviland

© Barbara Haviland
© Barbara Haviland
I love these birds. They are so graceful flying but not so pretty sitting. LOL  I have taken several photos and finally decided to try my hand at a close up. I like the miniature 6"x 4" on a gallery wrap canvas. I used oils and wanted to show the bird off a bit so I used a dark green for the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin