Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Horse 40, Adventure by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

  
  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2014

Horse 40 Adventure
8 x 8 inches Oil on Canvas.
Available Paintings by Laurie Pace 

Every moment at the easel is an adventure. Some turn out better than others, but the best ones are the unexpected journeys where I do not try to control what is evolving on the surface.

The painting that was up yesterday came out of a scraped canvas... this small energetic piece came from some of the same colors that were left on my palette.  Hence the name 'adventure'.

May this day be an adventure for you.  Let Go and Let God.

Was watching an episode of "Calling the Midwife" on PBS several weeks ago and in one of the scenes a man said, "My Mother taught me when something knocks at the front door, you open it up and it blows in... and then you open the back door and let it blow right on out."  That sent shivers down my legs and arms.  From that day forward, every time I am consumed with a negative thought, a malady or situation that seems overbearing, I close my eyes and think, 'Open the door"... as I fill my lungs with a deep breath..."Now open the back door and let it blow straight through"...and I let the deep breath blow emptying my lungs.  With it goes the situation.  I would lie if I said it works every time... because sometimes I seem to run back to 'the front door" to let it blow back in again. 

God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. Hebrews 6:10


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart


Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS



© Graphics One Design 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin