Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Announcing a New Winter Line ~ of Paintings! Fashion and Figure and a White Weddng Dress by Nancy Medina


http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1357510

Winter White Wedding Dress
by Nancy Medina
16X20
Oil on Archival Panel

From My New Winter Line of Fashion and Figure

I'm absolutely thrilled to announce a new winter line ~ of paintings! What better way to display my 29 Dresses Collection than to give them their own category? Fashion and Figure is my newest online art couture collection, and will grow by leaps, bounds, and yards and yards of gowns in the next few weeks as I continue to add new dresses to my inventory. Some of you are undoubtedly scratching your noggins and wondering if I've had a little too much holiday egg nog. Rest assured I have not abandoned flower painting. My goal now is to begin a bit of fusion between fashion, figure and flowers, keeping all, embracing all, and giving them a good mix on the palette for a bran new line of original paintings.

I began drawing dresses, women's faces, noses, eyes, ears, jewelry, shoes, gloves and all the bling that we adore when I was about 10 years old. When I turned 30, I made it my New Year's resolution to move away from drawing and hop into color and begin painting. It seems a bit like Kismet that almost exactly 20 years later I am returning to fashion.

I get very excited when I start talking about fashion, design, color, form, fabric, texture, and most especially 1940s and 1950s couture. I was getting my hair cut today and having an animated conversation with a friend in the salon. The arm flailing and exuberance got a bit out of control, and finally my hairdresser had to ask me to calm down and sit still lest she cut off an ear or something! Stay tuned, I promise you'll continue to see flowers blooming here. You're just going to get some other cool stuff, too, things we can dream about wearing to the ball at midnight...for example.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin