Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Farmyard Drama Rooster Painting by Texas Artist Nancy Medina


Farmyard Drama ~ A Rooster and His Gaggle
by Nancy Medina
30X40 
Commissioned Work - Detail
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas


Farmyard Drama, A Rooster and His Gaggle, is an excerpt from a 30X40 commissioned painting which will be a holiday surprise present for a family who loves - you guessed it - chickens! I grew up on a farm with chickens, pigs, and cows, and there was never a dull moment. I cannot say the chickens were my favorite animals, I admit freely that I did like the pigs so much more. They had such funny, exuberant personalities, rolling about in the mud and having very extensive conversations with me through the fence, especially if I was scratching their bristly backs with a nice stick.

Our first two pigs were named Henry and Louise by my father. Louise was named after a friend at his office, Western Union, and it was actually meant as a compliment. When we got home from school each day, my sisters and I each had our own assigned chores. Mine was feeding the pigs! Yes, I came from such refined roots, it is true, but I would never have traded my childhood on the farm for any other. Away from town, away from distractions, long summers reading and exploring, it was sheer magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin