Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

horizon Series: Abstract Aspens by Kay Wyne

Horizon Series: Abstract Aspens
30" x 30" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Palette Knife Painting
This painting is drying right now, and it is full of earthy colors, texture and lines. This painting evolved after I was experimenting with some mixed and muted oils. As with most of my abstracts, I have a horizon line on the canvas. I had blocked in some geometric shapes, and after day two started seeing aspens. Then more aspens appeared. It is a different direction than most of my bright and colorful aspens. I was encouraged to use this palette by several observers, and painted another canvas very similar. I will be posting that painting tomorrow. I hope to have a full day in the studio...thanks for taking a look at this blog. Kay at 214-532-0325 or kay@kwyne.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin