Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Horizon Series: Abstract 7 by Kay Wyne

Horizon Series: Abstract 7
This painting has changed dramatically since I started painting on the canvas. I had originally thought the 18" x 18" gallery wrap canvas was great for a longhorn. I was struggling with it, after I painted on it for several days. I did have a good start, but composition did not work for me. Instead of throwing the canvas out, I started over. With lots of thick paint. I like the intense color on the very dark blue/black background. I like the way the colors pop out and have some presence in this painting. The horizon line pulls the eye up to the focal point. I hope you enjoy this abstract painting...I certainly enjoyed painting it after the longhorn went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin