Daily Painters of Texas

Deep in the Heart of Texas can be found a unique blend of Artists. Follow the best of Texas Art here on the Daily Painters of Texas.

Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Red Truck by Kay Wyne

Charlie's Red Truck
9" x 11" Oil on Canvas

This painting was inspired by a photograph that was taken in Illinois in 1961. This is my Dad's 1960 Ford, which I remember very well. Seeing that photograph brought back many childhood memories. It was my first truck to paint, and I had a good time painting it. It is 9" x 11" oil on canvas. I gave this painting to my Dad. I need to find some interesting trucks to photo and then paint. That would be a fun little road trip! If you know where some great looking rusty old trucks are in Texas, let me know.

To view more art work: http://kwyne.com/myblogs.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin